At Edukid, we believe in empowering every child and adult, regardless of beliefs or background, to strive for a brighter future and to help others.
Will you go the extra mile for children living in poverty and conflict?
Sometimes things may seem unachievable, but we want to show the world that, when we work together, we can achieve anything. Help Walk to the Moon with Edukid by logging your steps every day for a year.
We need just 655 people to walk an average of a mile a day for a year to cover the distance to the moon!
Join us now and help change the lives of children living in poverty and conflict.
Walk to the Moon Membership
Adults – £10
Family (2 adults + 2 children) – £25
Additional children – £5
Corporate membership available – please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Members receive a Walk to the Moon wrist band and pedometer, plus automatic entry into our prize draw.
How to Join
You can EITHER
set up your own JustGiving page and kick it off with a £10 donation (or £25 for family membership)
send a text to 70070
WTTM17 £10 for individual membership
WTTM17 £25 for family membership
For more information, email us.
Studies show that upping your number of steps a day can help fight depression and obesity and increase concentration. What’s more, by taking the time to walk with friends and family you will be making precious memories for you and those around you.
Walking a mile extra a day can even help you to lose up to a stone a year!
Aside from your physical and emotional benefits, by taking part in this challenge you will be helping some of the poorest children in Uganda, Cambodia and Palestine to get the education that we believe every child deserves.
Once you have joined Walk to the Moon with Edukid, you can try to walk a little more each day and let us know what you are up to!
- Join our Facebook community, create your own album and upload your pictures
- Log your steps by printing off our handy monthly calendar
- If you want to, you can get sponsorship for your challenge. You can do this via JustGiving or you can download a sponsor form.
Been there, Got the T-shirt
Why not treat yourself to a Walk to the Moon with Edukid T-shirt? These high quality t-shirts cost £10 for an adult t-shirt and £6.50 for a child’s.
Flights to the Edukid country of your choice! If we reach our target of 239,000 miles, one Walk to the Moon member will win flights to the Edukid country of their choice*. The winner will be selected from:
- The two people who have walked the furthest
- The two people with the most sponsorship
- The three people with the best photo (as judged by children in Uganda, Palestine and Cambodia)
*Please note, in the event that the winner is under 18, they must be accompanied by an adult.
The Small Print…..
- Walk to the Moon packs containing pedometers and wrist bands can be sent for £3.00 p & p for one and £1 for each additional set. If you need your packs to be sent, please add p&p costs when you sign up.
- Photographs of participants will be used in publicity and social media, unless specifically specified by members.