Fancy a trip to Cambodia? When you go with Edukid, you really will have the trip of a lifetime. You will see and do most of the things that people visiting Cambodia do, but you will also see the real country.
The smiling faces, tropical weather and idyllic scenery belie the country’s poverty and difficult past. With an Edukid trip, you get to see both sides: the beauty and the reality but also the determination and strength of a nation who lost a third of its population. You will also get to meet students and families, hear their stories and witness how important education really is. This is truly a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
The itinerary for each trip differs slightly according to the group. We try not to visit the same villages over and over again so that each group gets a unique experience. Trips to Cambodia tend to include:
- Time in the capital of Cambodia, Phnom Penh: a trip to S21, shopping in the markets.
- An evening with Edukid University students – hear their stories.
- Visits to at least 4 villages across Cambodia, where you can meet the children supported by UK sponsors, play, have lunch. We visit rural and urban communities so you can see the contrast between former slums and remote villages.
- Time in Siem Reap – more markets!
- A trip to Angkor Wat.
What you will do:
- Change lives! (yours and others’)
What you won’t do:
- Build a hut! (the Khmer people are able to build their own huts – what they don’t have is someone to listen to them and empower them to build a brighter future).
- Follow the usual tourist trail.
The Cambodia 2018 trip will take place from 20th – 29th October (approximately). We can offer you support and advice about fundraising for the trip, and in some cases are able to offer the opportunity to pay in monthly instalments.
If you would like to learn more about the trips, get in touch! Call 08451399990 or email email@example.com